Headlines from Across the MAPNov 03, 2022
How low can the market go?
That’s a question that has been pushed to the sidelines in recent days as stocks bounced from their latest bear-market low on hopes that the Federal Reserve might yet “pivot” to smaller interest rate increases, despite the central bank’s insistence it will remain aggressive.
- Morningstar: "Why Stock Multiples Say The Market Could Continue To Drop"
- Reuters: "Federal Reserve Rate Hikes Rival Inflation Pain In One Rural Town"
- Market Watch: "This Chart Shows The Widening Gap Between Renters’ Wages And Their Housing Costs. Here’s What Can Be Done To Help."
- Market Watch: "Why Did Inflation Surge To A 40-Year High? Here Are 4 Causes Of The Worst Monetary-Policy Mistake In Years."
- Time: "Think The Energy Crisis Is Bad? Wait Until Next Winter"
- CBS: "Americans Expected To Give Fewer Gifts This Holiday Season"
- Open The Books - Substack: "Why Illinois Is In Trouble – 132,188 Public Employees With $100,000+ Paychecks Cost Taxpayers $17 Billion"
- Visual Capitalist: "The Top 100 Most Valuable Brands In 2022"
- Zero Hedge: "US Diesel Shortage Increasingly Likely Until Economy Slows"
- Bloomberg: "Why A 'Broken' Mortgage Market Is Keeping Borrowing Rates Extra High"