Headlines from Across the MAPDec 15, 2022
In energy and commodities, there’s stuff that’s always at least 10 years away. Fusion energy is one; asteroid mining is another. And so is peak oil demand. The problem is that a decade goes by, the prediction doesn’t come true, the goalposts are moved further out, and everyone forgets about the old predictions.
- Bloomberg: "Peak Oil Demand Is Nowhere In Sight"
- Visual Capitalist: "Visualizing Currencies’ Decline Against The U.S. Dollar"
- Reuters: "Exclusive: ECB Sees Inflation Above Target Through 2025, Source Says"
- Bloomberg: "Canada Consumer-Debt Payments Higher Now Than When Rates Were 13%"
- Barron's: "Home Buyers Are Inching Back Into The Market"
- Bloomberg: "US Freelancing Surges To Record As 60 Million Americans Go Solo"
- CNN: "Nuclear Fusion Breakthrough A Milestone For The Future Of Clean Energy, US Officials Say"
- Project Syndicate: "Will Central Banks Do What It Takes?"
- FX Empire: "IMF Says Global Debt Posted The Steepest Decline In 70 Years"
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York: "Inflation Expectations Fall; Income Growth Expectations Reach A Series High"
- Zero Hedge: "9 Million Millennials Moved Back In With Their Parents This Year"