Headlines from Across the MAPJul 28, 2022
As you may have heard, the US inflation rate is 9.1%. That is, the consumer price index for all items as estimated for June by the Bureau of Labor Statistics was 9.1% higher than it was a year earlier.
- Business Insider: "Travel agents Say They Are 'Overwhelmed' By A Massive Surge In New Clients Amid Airline Chaos And 'Confusing' International Covid Restrictions"
- Zero Hedge: "Labor Has The Leverage: Protesting Supply Chain Workers Threaten To Worsen The World's Inflation Crisis"
- Zero Hedge: "Nearly 30% Of Gen Z Living Permanently With Parents Amid Inflation Squeeze"
- Politico: "China Targets Fed To Gain Influence, Senator Charges, Drawing Powell Rebuke"
- Bloomberg: "Inflation Is Even Worse If You Measure It the Proper Way"
- The Macro Compass: "The Crazy Market Rally Explained"
- Vox: "GDP declined again — but that might not mean we’re in a recession"
- Bloomberg: "The Strong Dollar Is Wreaking Havoc Globally — And It’s Just Getting Started"