Headlines from Across the MAPJul 14, 2022
Despite doling out nearly $1 trillion in stimulus payments during the pandemic, government aid had virtually no long-term impact on the financial well-being of recipients, and in some cases it amplified feelings of economic distress surrounding money, Bloomberg reports, citing a new study published Tuesday.
- The Wall Street Journal: "Red States Are Winning the Post-Pandemic Economy"
- Visual Capitalist: "What Does It Take To Be Wealthy in America?"
- Zero Hedge: "Pandemic Stimmies Had No Lasting Effect On Poor: Study"
- Zero Hedge: "Morgan Stanley: Soaring Dollar Will Crush Earnings Growth And Snuff The Rally In Stocks"
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas: "Fed’s 1994 Rate Aggressiveness Led to Emerging-Market Turmoil; Is This Time Different?"
- Zero Hedge: "The World Braces For Europe's July 22 'Doomsday'"
- Visual Capitalist: "Countries with the Highest Default Risk in 2022"
- The Wall Street Journal: "Nuclear Power Is Poised for a Comeback. The Problem Is Building the Reactors."