Headlines from Across the MAPJun 09, 2022
In the latest monthly performance review note from Deutsche Bank, strategist Henry Allen writes that after a very poor start to the year, May marked the first time so far in 2022 that a majority of the non-currency assets in the bank's main sample were in positive territory (if not by much).
- Zero Hedge: ""Worst 5-Month Loss Since 1970": Here Are The Best And Worst Performing Assets In May And YTD"
- The Wall Street Journal: "Aspen’s Market Is So Crazy That Buyers Shop for Homes That Aren’t Even for Sale"
- Bloomberg: "One in Five US States Is 90% Out of Baby Formula"
- Visual Capitalist: "Mapped: Economic Predictions for 2022 and Beyond"
- Seeking Alpha: "Consumers Reportedly Lost Over $1B to Cryptocurrency Fraud Since 2021 - FTC"
- Market Watch: "Inflation Puts The Squeeze On Poorest Americans"
- Zero Hedge: "The Great Robo-placement? Workplace Robot Orders Jump 40% In First Quarter"
- Business Insider: "Hackers and criminals have laundered over $2 billion through crypto exchange Binance since 2017, report says"
- A Wealth Of Common Sense: "Why Housing is More Important Than the Stock Market"
- The Washington Post: "World Bank Warns Global Economy may Suffer 1970s-Style Stagflation"
- Calculated Risk: "Black Knight Mortgage Monitor: "Housing Costs to Current Income Levels Within a Whisper of all Time High in 2006""
- The Washington Post: "‘We’re all Afraid’: Massive Rent Increases hit Mobile Homes"
- Market Watch: "Renters, beware. These Cities are Facing Some of the Highest Rent Increases in America: ‘I think You’ll see More Renters Take on Roommates’"
- A Wealth Of Common Sense: "The Worst Years Ever For a 60/40 Portfolio"
- Reuters: "The war in Ukraine is Fuelling a Global Food Crisis."
- Bloomberg: "Yen at 150 May Risk Rerun of Asia Financial Crisis, O’Neill Says"
- AZ Central: "Why is almost no one planning for a future without the Colorado River?"
- Bloomberg: "Online US Inflation Slows Again, But Groceries Rise Most of All"