Headlines from Across the MAPMay 26, 2022
Before the pandemic, Dani Gantcher earned about $15 an hour babysitting in her hometown of Scarsdale, N.Y. Parents sometimes asked her to wash dishes or stay late. Now, the 18-year-old is raking in $25 to $30 an hour. Moms and dads are asking a lot less from her. And they treat her like a VIP.
- IEA: "Critical Minerals Threaten a Decades-Long Trend of Cost Declines for Clean Energy Technologies"
- The Wall Street Journal: "Teen Babysitters Are Charging $30 an Hour Now, Because They Can"
- News 7H: "Business Leaders Warn That the Three-Decade era of Globalization is Coming to an end"
- Visual Capitalist: "Visualizing Global Income Distribution Over 200 Years"
- Zero Hedge: "Supply Chains Are Never Returning To "Normal""
- The Wall Street Journal: "The Average Age of Vehicles on U.S. Roadways Hits a Record 12.2 Years"
- The Straits Times: "A $6.9 Trillion 'Wealth Shock' is Cracking Americans' Nest Eggs"
- The Wall Street Journal: "The Top 50 Richest People Have Lost More Than Half a Trillion Dollars This Year"
- Guardian Mag: "World’s Largest Port is Returning to Normal, but Supply Chains Will get Worse Before They get Better"
- Bloomberg: "Earnings Math Catches Up With the Tech Highfliers"
- Bloomberg: "The Next Crisis to Hit Markets May Be About Liquidity"